Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Champlin's Farm Sunset

On the evening that I painted this watercolor I was coming around the bend heading home from the coast guard station where I had just worked on a study of the tide going out and I saw this reflection of the old barn in the ponds which I could not resist....(that was a mouthful) anyway I got set up to paint and realized I did not have any water to paint with ( I was just using the salt water always handy near the cut) just then one of my students drove up ( she hads also been painting down near the coast guard station) and she had a bottle of Poland Spring water which she donated to the cause....so I had a great time trying to capture this wonderful scene....later I learned that old Mrs Champlin had recently died and the farm had been sold off to some new folks...probably not wanting to farm unfortunately...watercolor 22x30"

No comments: