Friday, September 23, 2011

Two Boats, Two Harbors



These paintings were done last week on Block Island..I was out there with some students painting for the week....we had glorious weather and a great painting time...These boats caught my eye...The "Gee Willie Make It" the fishing boat in the Old Harbor with all the other fishing boats, is the one we go out on every summer to fish with Captain Bill....always catch something .... I love all the fishing boats and their stories ...The other sail boat in New Harbor, the "Kemmo Sabe" as in "The Lone Ranger and Tonto" is a beautiful sloop? Don't know if you call them that...owned by a nice guy named Bill( Bills and boats must go together?) who was kind enough to not move her for the duration of this paint job and let us come aboard.....not so easy to build a boat with paint..I learned alot... watercolors..22x30"

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Water Colors indeed!

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

well should I say Gouache??? and watercolor??I always think...nobody will know what gouache means...however just back from the Pissaro exhibit at the Clark Museum in Williamstown...and he did a bunch of Gouache and watercolors...I guess the pros knows the dif...just like you