Sunday, February 26, 2012

Agapanthus for my Birthday


Jack and Sam ( my step son and his fiance')were kind enough to bring me these gorgeous flowers on my birthday...They were so inspiring in this blue vase,I brought them to the studio to paint...and then the work began...there were actually @ 10 flowers and stems but I removed (in my mind) the other @ 5 stems, less is more?...the fabric in the background was recently purchased at a french bedding outlet....one eurosham (almost a small table cloth)...all I can afford...but the ochre color with the purple blue was really a turn on....and then there was the old stool apon which it sat....so many considerations when composing the still life....a picture is worth a thousand words?? oil on canvas 24x36"

4 comments:

Catherine said...

One Kate Knapp is worth a thousand Euroshams is more like it.

Happy Birthday. The world is so very lucky to have you.

Claudia said...

Happy birthday! And, I'm told, Bon Voyage!

D.R. said...

Happy Birthday - a bit late....

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

better late than never...thanks! and it was a happy one...