Thursday, June 14, 2012

Arlo Guthrie's Church

    The class went out landscape painting today and ended up down the road from the studio in Van Deusenville(now  part of Gt Barrington Ma)...This church belongs to Arlo Guthrie and it is a music center and spiritual center, it was also made famous in a film back in the 60's... This is the 100th anniversary of Woody Guthrie's life, celebrated here all summer....I've been meaning to paint this building for about 30 years ...finally did...hope to again soon...I have done alot of painting this week and had  to hang several shows....come check out the student show at Front St Gallery...great work...there until July 1....oil on canvas 30x30"

2 comments:

Catherine said...

This church, as you depict it, is pretty enough to make a believer out of me!

I accept you as my Savior! And Jesus, too, of course.

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

Amen sister....