Sunday, November 25, 2012

Portrait of a Table

This the table where we just ate our Thanksgiving dinner...but I painted this the week of the hurricane, my husband was out of town and I set up my easel not to move it for days nor to move the fruit...I don't know what exactly inspired me , but looking at this table always inspires me and I had never painted it from this angle before...I wanted to include the chandelier with the Venetian glass and the dry grasses from our marsh...it is larger than usual...36x48" oil on canvas

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Really like this picture. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Perhaps you will come to the city at some point soon. Miss you.

D.R. said...

Love this too.

jessie edwards said...

This is wonderful...love the intimacy of the room. I am in the moment almost at table! That's what you seem to do so well.