Thursday, December 6, 2012

Madison Ave and 55th st

I went into the city this weekend to see the George Bellows show at the Metropolitan museum....excellent , don't miss it....I have loved his work for ever and here there were great examples of his paintings of NYC back in the day....early 1900's...gorgeous oil studies of the streets  and scenes of New York....got me real inspired so I had to come home and paint what I had seen that day heading down Madison to catch the train home...more to come...oil on canvas 30x40"

2 comments:

jessie edwards said...

AHHHH, Beautiful Kate! You connect the viewer with the place so well! And Bellows...can't wait to see that AND Mattisse!!!

Claudia said...

I LOVE this. And all the NYC paintings. I love my city but I love it even more when seen through your eyes.