Monday, September 23, 2013

Below The Bluffs Block Island

I had to walk down the 138(as I recall) steps to get to this vantage point...usually painted from the top it was good to try this view...the wind was blowing and my kind husband was willing to help me carry my gear down and back up....the canvas alone was like a sail in the wind...it was a beautiful sunny morning...no one around, the waves were crashing in, the air smelled of the sea and  the golden rod was blooming...oil on linen 32x45 "

3 comments:

D.R. said...

Love this one!
(And many other too!)

Hope all is well.

jessie edwards said...

Beautiful, I love it too!

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

thank you both! As I looked at this painting in the studio today I thought how fortunate I was to have been there and painted it..,