Sunday, December 15, 2013

Apples From Our Trees.....Sold!

I had to pick these apples, each from a different tree...and take them to the studio to paint...thinking of Cezanne ...every apple an unusual  color and shape the white cloth all colors of the rainbow...I had  painted them, the apples, the day before just in black watercolor...so when I got to the color I was totally thrilled...this study sold at my open studio a few weeks ago...it found a good home...a bowl of pears went with it...if there is anyone who needs some fruit or flowers? Please ask and I will try to find you what you want! oil on canvas 16x20 "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All roads lead back to apples! And for an artist of our ilk, Cezanne. Warming to see, as is the red of the apples and contrasted to the coolness in blue. All other colors wonderful in the dance on the white cloth and the composition. Enjoyed it!

Richard