Sunday, May 15, 2011

Studies of Some of my Favorite Artists



Lautrec....Bonnard...Van Gogh
I do these watercolors when I am at work teaching at the retirement community Kimball Farms....while everyone is painting so am I.....I think it helps to  really try and follow how these artists created what they did  ....I have done dozens of them...freehand.....and always learn something....like painting with someone else's brush....actually just finished a big Kandinsky this week....show you sometime....this is not easy for me to do....but a wonderful way to spend time painting

4 comments:

cba said...

I LOVE these.

I think you should do a Sargent.

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

coming up....

Christian said...

Then you could do a copy of you copy. Because you, too, are a master!

jessie edwards said...

These are three of my favorite artists too...and I love your interpretations of them! Wow! Love these...oh but loved the circus ones too and the food ones and, and, ........