Friday, January 31, 2014

510 WARREN ST GALLERY HUDSON NY SHOW FEB 1 - FEB 23 2014

 
 
                                             BLACK AND WHITE   DARK AND LIGHT
The first painting was done with oils on canvas...using only black white and ochre...after seeing a film about the prehistoric ?cave paintings in the south of France...charcoal, ochre cave wall and white where they had carved through the surface of the wall.....GORGEOUS....I love to watch old black and white films from the thirties....simplifies things... all value no color....so for me a real challenge ...seeing as I am trained in the Impressionist School!...Second painting is a  watercolor on paper...it is the view from my studio in Housatonic Ma...it's been snowing lately...gotta love it...Please come and see them!...OPENING RECEPTION SAT FEB 1   3-6 pm at the 510 address

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss that view... Beautiful Katie! Like always...